Loudoun Symphonic Winds
Loudoun Symphonic Winds is a community-based concert band that has become one of the area's most exciting musical ensembles since its formation in 1994. LSW includes both professional and dedicated amateur musicians. Our goal is to give the Loudoun community and its neighbors an opportunity to play and hear the best of yesterday's and today's concert band music.
We cover a wide spectrum of music from classic marches and orchestral transcriptions to Broadway songs and holiday favorites. The band showcases new compositions from the best of today's band composers and brings you exciting guest soloists. LSW has entertained and delighted audiences throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Our ensembles also perform at major local events such as the July 4th celebrations at Franklin Park.
Additionally, we are a member of the Association of Concert Bands.
For more than 30 years, we have provided performance opportunities for Loudoun County residents as well as nearby communities
- We support music education for institutions such as Loudoun County Public Schools.
- Collaborative workshops with acclaimed artists such as the Canadian Brass.
- Continuing Education Credits for LCPS music teachers.
- County-wide events for Loudoun County, such as the fireworks celebration at Franklin Park in Purcellville, VA every Independence Day for the past 25 years.
- Annual Toys for Tots events for the past 15 years; all collected toys are donated to the 25,000 needy children in Loudoun County.
- Performances at retirement communities such as Ashby Ponds Senior Living.
Musical support for communities such as Christ the Redeemer Roman Catholic Church in Sterling, VA.
We are an all-inclusive organization, whose diverse membership includes retirees, government workers and executives, music teachers, students, recent college graduates, people from all walks of life. We support diversity in all forms.
Contact us at l